Saturday, January 10, 2009

2009: It's a brand new year!

Well, it's a new year and I'm afraid this year won't be nearly as fun as last year, but I guess that depends on how you look at it. I won't be lounging on the beaches of Costa Rica (which, by the way, they just had a huge earthquake killing over 30 people and trapping a lot of tourists so I hope things gets better there) but I will be starting something new this year. I'll be starting the doctorate program in physical therapy at the Mayo Clinic in August. Yes, I decided where I will be spending the next three years of my life--Rochester, MN. I know, I know... how exotic right? So, I can basically blog the next year of my life without actually blogging again. It goes it a little something like this:

1) I will start my last semester at SDSU in a few days...taking classes that I don't really need, including "Conditioning through Swimming" which will end up in me hating swimming because I hear it's not that fun swimming for 30 minutes straight, but hopefully I will end up looking as toned as Michael Phelps (haha)... But I'm looking forward to my last semester and I will be sad to have to leave all of my friends. I've truly enjoyed my time in Brookings.
2) I will graduate in May with my bachelor's degree in Spanish and end up working wherever I can find a job for the summer (IF I can find a job in this lovely economy, I'm thinking McDonald's...again..).
3) Meanwhile, I'll be attempting to find an apartment in Rochester while enjoying my last summer of freedom...EVER... but I guess it had to happen sometime.
4) Then, in August I'll move to Rochester and begin my studies, which may result in stomach ulcers and my hair falling out (yes, I am a little concerned).

And that basically sums it up... The next three years of my life I'll be studying, sleeping (maybe), eating (hopefully), and studying some more. And I'll spend my summers working for free (a.k.a doing my clinical internships).

So, God willing, that is basically how my life will be go. Recently, I've been thinking about where I can move to after my 3 years in Rochester because I like to have a game plan. Right now I'm thinking...Alaska? If you have any better suggestions, let me know : )

1 comment:

Kryna said...

I'm wishing it was Rochester, NY you were going to....selfishly of course. We get out that way every once in a while for photo stuff.
Sounds like a great opportunity, best wishes!