Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Boring Weekend...




Hola...So I don't have anything too exciting to write about. This weekend was much more tranquilo than the last. On Friday I went to the movie theatre to see American Gangster. On Saturday I went shopping with the family to find a new watch for me. And on Sunday I went to a Super Bowl party..of course. We even found a channel in English. Much less eventful. This coming weekend I'm going to go to Mt. ChirripĆ³..(spelling?) and I'm going to attempt to climb it. It is the highest point in Costa Rica. It's about a 9 hour hike up the mountain, and then 7 down. We plan on starting really early on Saturday and then hiking down Sunday. We just hope we can get a place in the hostel on the top for Saturday night. It's going to be intense.

Anyway, I'm going to post some pictures of me and my host sister. My host mom is really interesting in finding out if people think we look alike, cuz everyone here does. So this is a short blog...but hopefully next week's will be more interesting.

2 comments:

Kryna said...

Hey Jess, great blog!!! Yeah, you two do look alike!

This may sound terrible, but that was a great story about being robbed. Yikes!

Well, be safe....and we love ya!

lauri said...

Hey Jessica: Costa Rica, huh? Whoa, what a great adventure. Yeah, I think you two look similiar, but don't tell her this, but I think you're prettier. Welcome to the world of Blog...we are glad you decided to join us. Keep us up to date with your experiences! take care.