Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Finally, an uneventful weekend!

Well, I´m sad to inform everyone that I had a boring weekend. I didn´t get robbed, I didn´t try to climb a mountain, I just went to the beach and soaked up the sun. Two other girls and I went to Jacó beach, which is one of the closest beaches to San José, but also one of the most touristy as well. Anyway, even though it was very developed and full of gringos like ourselves, it was nice to relax and play in the water. Jacó is actually a surfing town, so the waves were actually quite big, which made it fun. We were on the beach on Saturday from only 8:00 am to 11:30 am, and we had planned on going back out after lunch; however, our very caucasian friend Maddie decided to only apply the sunscreen once during the 3.5 hours. Needless to say, even without her swimsuit on, one could clearly see where it had been.
This coming weekend I´m returning to the peninsula where my robbing took place. We plan on going to Montezuma, which is a less developed beach and is sort of in the middle of nothing. Hopefully Antonio (the robber) isn´t waiting for us when we get off the ferry! There are 7 of us going this time, and we´re all so much smarter.
Interesting side note about this weekend...Although I did not get robbed, my friend Maddie did while walking to the university to meet me to leave for the beach. It was probably about 10:30 am and she was walking on a busy street. She walked past a park and she noticed two guys on a motorcycle talking to a man in a car. To be safe she crossed to the other side of the street; however, when she crossed back she heard yelling behind her and she turned around and one of the guys put a knife to her back while the other one yelled at her to take her bag off. They took her whole bag. Fortunately, we´ve all learned to carry money in numerous locations of our undergarments...in other words, all of her money, credit card, bus tickets, and photo memory card were either in her bra or underwear. So before we could leave, we had to go back to her house and repack..
Anyway, that´s about as exciting as this past weekend got. Hopefully next weekend is just as dull!

4 comments:

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Oh Jess, I just love hearing about your life but I'm scared to death for you.
Glad you have all wisened up.
Have fun next weekend.

Tim and Lanette said...

I'm such a suburban wuss..I didn't get robbed this week, or ever actually. Take care, you. Ok?

Jayne said...

Jessica, I will have to agree with Vonner...very exciting, but a little scary!!! What a wonderful adventure for you though! God bless you, we will continue to pray for your safety as well as your friends.

Jessica Dawn said...

Thanks for the comments and thanks for the prayers!